Board Meeting – September 13, 2012
TRANSBAY JOINT POWERS AUTHORITY
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
NOTICE OF MEETING AND CALENDAR
Thursday, September 13, 2012
1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place, Room 416
San Francisco, CA
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Jane Kim, Chair
Elsa Ortiz, Vice Chair
201 Mission St. #2100
San Francisco, California 94105
ACCESSIBLE MEETING POLICY
The Transbay Joint Powers Authority meeting will be held in Room 416, at 1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place, San Francisco, CA. The closest accessible BART station is the Civic Center Station at United Nations Plaza and Market Street. Accessible MUNI lines serving this location are: Muni Metro Lines J‑Church, K‑Ingleside, L‑Taraval, M‑Oceanview, N‑Judah, and T-Third at Van Ness and Civic Center Stations; F-Market; 19-Polk, 47‑Van Ness; 49-Mission-Van Ness; 5-Fulton; 6 Parnassus; 21-Hayes; 9‑San Bruno; and 71‑Haight Noriega. For more information about MUNI services call 311.
The meeting room is wheelchair accessible. Accessible curbside parking spaces have been designated on the Van Ness Avenue and McAllister Street perimeters of City Hall for mobility-impaired persons. There is accessible parking available within the Civic Center Underground Parking Garage at the corner of McAllister and Polk Streets, and within the Performing Arts Parking Garage at Grove and Franklin Streets.
If you require the use of an American Sign Language interpreter, a sound enhancement system, or a reader during the meeting, such person or system can be made available upon request; please contact Nila Gonzales at (415) 597-4620 or NGonzales@TransbayCenter.org, at least 72 hours prior to the meeting. Late requests will be honored if possible. Calendars and minutes of the meeting may be available in alternative formats; please contact Nila Gonzales at (415) 597-4620 or NGonzales@TransbayCenter.org at least 72 hours in advance of need. Written reports or background materials for calendar items are available for public inspection and copying at 201 Mission St. Suite 2100 during regular business hours and are available online at www.TransbayCenter.org.
To assist the City’s efforts to accommodate persons with severe allergies, environmental illness, multiple chemical sensitivity or related disabilities, attendees at public meetings are reminded that other attendees may be sensitive to various chemical based products. Please help the City to accommodate these individuals.
The ringing and use of cell phones, pagers and similar sound-producing electronic devices are prohibited at this meeting. Please be advised that the Chair may order the removal from the meeting room of any person(s) responsible for the ringing or use of a cell phone, pager, or other similar sound-producing electronic devices.
9:30 – REGULAR MEETING
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
4. Board of Director’s New and Old Business
5. Executive Director’s Report
6. Public Comment
Members of the public may address the Authority on matters that are within the Authority’s
jurisdiction and are not on today’s calendar.
THE FOLLOWING MATTERS BEFORE THE TRANSBAY JOINT POWERS AUTHORITY ARE RECOMMENDED FOR ACTION AS STATED BY THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OR THE CHAIR.
7. All matters listed hereunder constitute a Consent Calendar, are considered to be routine by the Transbay Joint Powers Authority, and will be acted upon by a single vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a member of the Board or the public so requests, in which event the matter shall be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered as a separate item.
(7.1) Approving the Minutes of the June 14, 2012 meeting.
(7.2) Authorizing the Executive Director to execute amendments to extend Agreements for State Advocacy Services with Mercury LLC and Townsend Public Affairs for one year each and additional compensation of $102,000 each, with options remaining to extend each agreement for an additional three years.
8. Authorizing the Executive Director to execute Professional Services Agreements for Legal Services with a bench of law firms, consisting of Shute, Mihaly & Weinberger; Seyfarth Shaw; Renne Sloan Holtzman Sakai; and Nixon Peabody, to provide services in their respective practice areas on an as-needed basis for five year terms as long as the total compensation under all bench agreements does not exceed $8,000,000.
9. Approving the recommended applicant to the Transbay Joint Powers Authority Citizens Advisory Committee.
10. Approving changes to the Small Business Enterprise (SBE) Program and the Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program, including the Anticipated DBE Participation Level (ADPL) for the remainder of the triennial period of federal fiscal years 2011 through 2013 and authorizing the release of the revised draft ADPL for a 30-day public review/45-day public comment process.
11. Approving operating budget amendments for Fiscal Year 2012 in an amount of $739,134 and Fiscal Year 2013 in an amount of $800,000 to update the AC Transit Operations Support expenditures and include AC Transit Operating Reserve revenues.
12. Presentation on Oscar Park, a proposed new open space under the Transbay Bus Ramps and Caltrans freeway ramps, by the Successor Agency to the San Francisco Redevelopment Agency.
RECESS REGULAR MEETING AND CONVENE CLOSED SESSION
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATORS (Gov. Code section 54956.8)
Property: Portion of Parcel T bounded by Fremont, Mission, and First Streets
TJPA Negotiators: Maria Ayerdi-Kaplan, Executive Director and Andrew W. Schwartz, Shute, Mihaly & Weinberger, outside counsel
Negotiating parties: TJPA and Hines
Under negotiation: Terms of the Exclusive Negotiating Agreement between the TJPA and Hines
ADJOURN CLOSED SESSION AND RECONVENE REGULAR MEETING
13. Announcement of Closed Session.
The Ethics Commission of the City and County of San Francisco has asked us to remind individuals that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance [Campaign and Gov't Conduct Code, Article II, Chapter 1, § 2.100, et seq.] to register and report lobbying activity. For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the Ethics Commission at 25 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 220, San Francisco, CA 94102, telephone (415) 252-3100, fax (415) 252-3124 and web site: www.sfethics.org.