Board Meeting – November 19, 2012 (Special)
TRANSBAY JOINT POWERS AUTHORITY
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
NOTICE OF SPECIAL MEETING AND CALENDAR
Monday, November 19, 2012
1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place, Room 400
San Francisco, CA
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Jane Kim, Chair
Elsa Ortiz, Vice Chair
201 Mission St. #2100
San Francisco, California 94105
ACCESSIBLE MEETING POLICY
The Transbay Joint Powers Authority meeting will be held in Room 416, at 1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place, San Francisco, CA. The closest accessible BART station is the Civic Center Station at United Nations Plaza and Market Street. Accessible MUNI lines serving this location are: Muni Metro Lines J‑Church, K‑Ingleside, L‑Taraval, M‑Oceanview, N‑Judah, and T-Third at Van Ness and Civic Center Stations; F-Market; 19-Polk, 47‑Van Ness; 49-Mission-Van Ness; 5-Fulton; 6 Parnassus; 21-Hayes; 9‑San Bruno; and 71‑Haight Noriega. For more information about MUNI services call 311.
The meeting room is wheelchair accessible. Accessible curbside parking spaces have been designated on the Van Ness Avenue and McAllister Street perimeters of City Hall for mobility-impaired persons. There is accessible parking available within the Civic Center Underground Parking Garage at the corner of McAllister and Polk Streets, and within the Performing Arts Parking Garage at Grove and Franklin Streets.
If you require the use of an American Sign Language interpreter, a sound enhancement system, or a reader during the meeting, such person or system can be made available upon request; please contact Nila Gonzales at (415) 597-4620 or NGonzales@TransbayCenter.org, at least 72 hours prior to the meeting. Late requests will be honored if possible. Calendars and minutes of the meeting may be available in alternative formats; please contact Nila Gonzales at (415) 597-4620 or NGonzales@TransbayCenter.org at least 72 hours in advance of need. Written reports or background materials for calendar items are available for public inspection and copying at 201 Mission St. Suite 2100 during regular business hours and are available online at www.TransbayCenter.org.
To assist the City’s efforts to accommodate persons with severe allergies, environmental illness, multiple chemical sensitivity or related disabilities, attendees at public meetings are reminded that other attendees may be sensitive to various chemical based products. Please help the City to accommodate these individuals.
The ringing and use of cell phones, pagers and similar sound-producing electronic devices are prohibited at this meeting. Please be advised that the Chair may order the removal from the meeting room of any person(s) responsible for the ringing or use of a cell phone, pager, or other similar sound-producing electronic devices.
9:30 – SPECIAL MEETING
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
4. Board of Director’s New and Old Business
5. Executive Director’s Report
- Construction Update
6. Public Comment
Members of the public may address the Authority on matters that are within the Authority’s
jurisdiction and are not on today’s calendar.
THE FOLLOWING MATTERS BEFORE THE TRANSBAY JOINT POWERS AUTHORITY ARE RECOMMENDED FOR ACTION AS STATED BY THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OR THE CHAIR.
7. Presentation of Transbay Tower Design by Pelli Clarke Pelli Architects.
8. Approving an Amendment to Contract No. 08-04-CMGC-000, authorizing Webcor/Obayashi Joint Venture to award a Trade Work subcontract to Anvil Builders in an amount not to exceed $9,250,000 over a term of four years for TG05.3: Personnel and Material Hoist Services, thereby increasing authorized Direct Costs by $9,250,000 and increasing the authorized Construction Services Fixed Fee by $758,500.
9. Authorizing the Executive Director to execute a Professional Services Agreement with AECOM Technical Services, Inc. to provide Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement/Environmental Impact Report Preparation Services for the Transbay Transit Center Program, for an amount of $1,300,000 and a two-year term.
10. Approving the revised Anticipated Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Participation Level of 8.3 percent for federal fiscal years 2010-11 through 2012-13.
11. Approving the Minutes of the October 11, 2012 meeting.
12. Annual review of Board Policy No. 009, Investment Policy, in conformance with California Government Code.
RECESS SPECIAL MEETING AND CONVENE CLOSED SESSION
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATORS (Gov. Code section 54956.8)
Property: Portion of Parcel T bounded by Fremont, Mission, and First Streets
TJPA Negotiators: Maria Ayerdi-Kaplan, Executive Director and Andrew W. Schwartz and Bill White, Shute, Mihaly & Weinberger, outside counsel
Negotiating parties: TJPA and Hines
Under negotiation: Terms of the Purchase and Sale Agreement and related Security Agreement between the TJPA and Hines
ADJOURN CLOSED SESSION AND RECONVENE SPECIAL MEETING
13. Announcement of Closed Session.
The Ethics Commission of the City and County of San Francisco has asked us to remind individuals that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance [Campaign and Gov't Conduct Code, Article II, Chapter 1, § 2.100, et seq.] to register and report lobbying activity. For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the Ethics Commission at 25 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 220, San Francisco, CA 94102, telephone (415) 252-3100, fax (415) 252-3124 and web site: www.sfethics.org.